Friday, June 1, 2012

6/1 - double day (again!)

Yesterday was a well earned rest day.  My quads aren't so much sore as they're just tired.  I am still trying to work out the best way to get stronger doing more WODs and recovering from those same WODs in less time.  If anyone has the secret let me know.

WOD
4-8-12-16-18-20-18-16-12-8-4
Double unders
Box jumps
Mountain climbers (count each leg as 1)
14:59 (DU's/24" boxjumps)

There was a 15 minute cut-off on this WOD and I snuck in just under the wire - literally just had time to turn my head after finishing the last box jump and see the clock before it turned to 15.  Since we were sharing boxes I started on the mountain climbers which was good but I still managed to catch up to Sharon pretty quickly as I was doing DU's which save a lot more time than I think SU's do.  Sharon was awesome (and trying to slowly work back from a bad knee) and let me go at the box when I needed to which meant that I was able to string a bunch of consecutive jumps together which was awesome - I'm happy that I've been practicing at the higher height and that they're coming together.

The DU's were mostly unbroken as were the mountain climbers - the numbers were such that it would have taken more time to stop and rest than to just push through and get them done.  It was good.  I was happy to finish.

Neil front and center and me (blue shirt background) mid jump - Source






















AfterWOD
5 minute AMRAP
5 burpees
10 squat jumps
shuttle run
6

My legs rebelled on this one.  I can't believe that the burpees were the rest for me on this.  Quads on fire during the squat jumps which then made the transition into the run very difficult.  Coach Match also hid the clock on us on this one and we didn't get to count reps but only completed rounds so it was also a bit of a mental game pushing through more reps without knowing how much time remained.  Definitely a good (challenging) change up.

Afterwards Tim was nice enough to let me stand in his ice cold pool while Sharon laughed at us both for being so crazy.  It was freezing but good, my legs are still fatigued but definitely didn't feel as bad as they would have otherwise.  I see the benefits of ice baths for sure.  I'll take ten minutes or so of cold over dead muscles any day - if only I had a bathtub/pool.

We did another Friday night competition training session and it was a lot - I'm going to put that in a separate post.  It requires it.

No comments:

Post a Comment