Friday, June 8, 2012

6/7 - Comp training day 3...

Tonights comp training WOD was a combination of the 'Crossfit for Hope' WOD and 'Fight Gone Bad'...






















I've never done FGB so this was a new format for me - though I do remember 'Fun Gone Bad' which was the very first fundamentals WOD which was the same format as FGB though two rounds of 5 movements (air squats, sit-ups, push-ups, etc) and to this day I still think it's the hardest WOD I have ever done because it was the first time I realized how hard you could go in just a 10 minute workout.  Anyway...

Tonight we partnered up with one person judging and one working for the 3 rounds and then switched.  I was with Kayla and thankfully she went first - she started on the snatch and progressed through the 5 movements and then the whole ground had a minute rest at the same time (and then started again - because of our size we all started on different movements).  I also started on the snatch which went okay, moreso I was happy to start with something I was strong at and end with what I hated most (the row).

It's hard to see from the photo above but the standards for Intermediate Women were:
Snatch (25.5 kg)
Box Jumps (24")
Wall Balls (7kg ball to 10' target)
Pull-ups (head over bar)
Row (for calories)

My scores through the three rounds were fairly consistent...






















Got a few more reps on the first go round of the snatch but then followed up the next two rounds with the same numbers.  The box jumps were good - I'm happy I've been practicing on the 24" box because it's making it easier to bounce right back up - when I'm tired I get a quick extra breath at the top before rebounding.  I was working beside Tash who was stepping down and jumping up and I managed to keep pace with her while still getting that extra second to breath.

I suck at wallballs.  Let's repeat that - I suck at wallballs... More specifically - I will learn to love wall balls over the next two weeks as I know they will be in the comp.  I picked up my new 7kg medball today so I have no reason not to practice (practice, practice, practice).  The extra foot made such a huge difference and these were definitely a downfall for me as you can see by my scores - 7-5-6 which included two deflating no-reps on the second round for not getting it high enough on the wall.  I tried to make up for this shortfall on both the box jumps and the pull-ups getting mostly sets of 2 and sometimes (with a big push from Kayla) 3's.  Definitely tough though but happy that I got them all and was able to maintain the same score without ripping my hands (there was a close call on round two).
 
The row sucked but thankfully didn't last too long - it was at most 45 seconds of work once you got there and got set to get going.  I need to figure out how my typical speed relates to calories as just watching the calories click by is no indication for me on whether I should be going harder or not (with my 500m splits I know what I can maintain but with calories I don't and that was the only number I was focused on).  I am really glad that I was on the rower last as my legs really tightened up during this minute and I needed the rest afterward if only to get loose again.

No comments:

Post a Comment