Friday, June 8, 2012

6/5...

The WA day WOD was surprisingly good for my aching calves - they hurt less after another 100 box jumps so must have got the blood moving.  Today was a straight forward WOD but fun...

Strength:
3 rep max back squat
30-40-50-60

The last set started to hurt my back and Coach Match mentioned that at the bottom instead of keeping upright my butt is lifting up a bit first and putting that pressure onto my back.  Something to work on.  My legs were still pretty tired so didn't push it beyond 60kg.
WOD:
3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3
Hang cleans (30/45kg)
Double-unders
Cockroaches
9:23 Rx.5

Hanging cleans got tiring but were still pretty solid - by the end I was dropping under a little bit which helped but the reps took a bit longer for me to stand straight up and lock out at the top.  The first 3 rounds of double unders I was really tripping up which isn't usually the case and with such few reps was a little bit frustrating but after that I mostly went unbroken.  The cockroaches were easy to push through just to get them done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment