Monday, June 25, 2012

6/20...

Last WOD before a few days rest heading into the Primal Throwdown this weekend.

Skills
3 rep sets of 1 legged snatch grip deadlifts
33kg

Didn't try to go too heavy on these as I remember the last time we did one legged deadlifts and although it felt fine during the workout it hurt for days afterward and I didn't want the same thing heading into this weekend.  Was really good to focus on form with this movement though - if you don't have it it's really hard to keep balanced. 

WOD
8 min AMRAP -
8 power snatch (30/45kg)
8 burpee bar hops
6/2 23kg

Thought about doing 30kg as that's a pretty easy power snatch for me but once I started the WOD I was really happy with just going with the 23kg because even that felt hard (I think my mind is already in taper mode).  It was pretty good all the way through though I found that my technique with the lighter weight started to falter I think because I could muscle it up and didn't have to rely on form like I do when it gets heavier.  Ooops.  Lesson for next time.

Now it's two days of rest and then whatever the weekend may bring.

The WODs were "previewed" tonight though some details like weight and times, etc. were left out.  I'm not sure if I prefer half knowing, I think I'd rather know all or nothing.  Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment