Thursday, June 28, 2012

6/27 - a good day...

This was a good WOD to see today - no heavy lifting... just what my body needs

Skills
Double-under drills
Tabata hollow body/superman
5 x 10 beat swings

These were all good though my superman's were a little lacking as my lower back is still hurting.  Managed to keep my legs straight throughout the hollow body holds though which was an improvement.  

3 rounds
3 negative pull-ups
10 barbell rows

The negative pull-ups were good.  I was able to slowly lower myself through the movement though I probably couldn't have done more than three reps.  Even the last one was a little questionable.  I only managed to finish 2 round of this which I was okay with. 
 
Static bar hold competition

I didn't last long on this one at all and when I did start to come down it was less controlled than dropping straight down.

10 min AMRAP
10 beat swings (for quality)
15 ab mat sit-ups
20 double-unders
8/25

Managed to finish 8 rounds at the beat swings and DU's.  Coach Match had us finish out the round we were on even after time expired so I finished the round of 9.   I was happy that my hands held out and I could do the beat swings unbroken really concentrating on good form and the movement coming through my shoulders rather than from my hips.  The ab mat sit-ups were steady, just constant movement and my DU's were fairly solid.  I tripped up a bit and TMI ALERT BOYS had some bladder control issues going on at times which stole a bit of my concentration.  Ah, the things we deal with - not an issue I have often but Tash mentioned that it sometimes has to do with monthly changes in women and that could likely be the case here. Anyway, I'm really glad there was only 20 per round otherwise there might have been some trouble.

Still tired and sore but I'm not expecting any major changes to that this week, hopefully doing things easier and lighter this week will help with recovery.

And here's a picture Neil took of us while Coach Match was explaining beat swings.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment