Monday, June 4, 2012

6/4 - WA Day WOD

Today was another public holiday here and so we only had one workout at the box... I had thought Coach Match was going to program Griffin (he had a conspiring look in his eye when he read through it on friday night) but alas, it was a WOD for Moz... aptly (forevermore) dubbed 'Boss Moz'

'Boss Moz'
800m run

50-100-150-200
pull-ups
KB swings (16/24)
box jumps
double unders
1x 300m run

then finish with
800m run

You can break up the reps however you want as you can assign whichever number for each movement - for instance Tim did 150 pullups whereas I only did 50.

There was a 40 minute time cap (I was half way through the last 800m when time ran out)

I didn't have a real plan going into it however I was without a scoreboard to keep track of my reps so it had to be something straight forward for me to remember what I had done.  It actually worked out quite well... it went as follows:

800m run
25 KB swings (16kg)
300m run
5 rounds
10 pull-ups
20 box jumps
25 KB swings
After the box jumps in rounds 3, 4 and 5 I did DU's - 100, 50, 50
run 800m

Since my calves are still hurting from Friday's box jumps I decided that I'd do 150 KB swings and 100 box jumps which worked well since the sets were manageable.  My KB swings were in sets of 15-10 each round with a quick shake out when I put the KB down.

It was fun sharing the boxes also as I think from talking to others it pushed us all a little bit more - kept you from stopping to rest because you had to quickly get your rep done so that the other person could do theirs even if you wanted to rest instead (especially when you were sharing a box with Coach Match).

The double unders were a little hard with tired shoulders but still managed to keep them in solid sets of about 15-20 reps each time.  The last 800m was slow but I was definitely happy to get all the work done even if I didn't quite make the cut-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment