Friday, June 8, 2012

6/6 - three "short" WODs...

I almost skipped today but used it as a make-up for Monday's holiday.  When I saw the board I wished I had but I made it through it...

WOD 1
6 mins – run 100m on the minute, in the remaining time push press (30/45kg)
Score = total number of push presses
55 reps Rx.5

This one was pretty solid.  My 100m sprints were pretty consistent time wise and I didn't kill myself on them so that I could pick up the bar and be solid through the remaining time.  I went right up until the end of the minute to maximize reps and to miss the chaos at the door. By the end my shoulders/biceps were reminding me to not go too hard...


WOD 2
12 mins – Death by push-ups
Add 2 push-ups every minute until you miss the 1 min cut-off, then switch to sit-ups
14

...so I did ring rows on this WOD instead of push-ups - I find it's easier on my shoulders I think because I can change the rotation on the rings versus the ground.  That being said by the time I got to the round of 14 I just stopped.  I had plenty of time to get the reps in but the nagging in my shoulders was a sign that I don't need the high volume just yet.  So... I started on the sit-ups on the round of 16 (with an abmat) and ouch, did I ever feel them.

WOD 3
6 mins – 10 burpees on the minute, in the remaining time deadlift (30/45kg)
Score = total number of deadlifts
50 (40.5kg)


I wasn't actually sure I could do 10 burpees within a minute, especially in the later rounds but I could with about 10-15 seconds to spare and busted out consecutive deadlifts as the weight wasn't too much - good form and quick movements really helped to get through the deadlifts.  I was pretty consistent as well in the last few minutes getting about 7-8 each round after the higher scoring first few minutes.  The burpees definitely got hard though near the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment