Wednesday, June 20, 2012

6/19 - Ab day...

Today was most definitely an ab day - did a bit of mobility when I got to the box early mostly on my glutes as my legs were really tight.  I don't know if it's from Sunday and the beach run and squats or if it was from the (light) deadlifts and (few) OHS last night.  I don't know where it came from but they were quite sore.

I jumped into the noon session today too which was fun - different bunch and therefore different energy that I quite enjoy.  Need to take advantage of these now since when I start my new job I likely won't be able to make any.

Skills
Tabata hollow body hold
Accumulate 30 hollow body rocks
5 x 10 beat kicks on the pull-up bar

Hollow body holds hurt a lot after the first half though Coach Match was all over me getting me to straighten out my legs when they'd start to bend.  I suck at the hollow body rocks, I definitely need to practice these.  The beat kicks were fun/ easy however they hurt my hands and although the first set I got 10 straight the rest were done in sets of 5 or so...  

WOD
12 min AMRAP -
10 box jumps
15 sit-ups
20 double-unders
25 sec hollow body hold
6/24 24" box

I quite enjoyed this one though it was a definite killer on the abs.  I was steady on the box jumps rebounding on almost all of them throughout.  The sit ups were steady and 15 was definitely enough.  The first few rounds I struggled on the DU's, not sure why but from then on I was solid and managed to go unbroken.  The hollow body holds were fine though when I started the first one it took me a few seconds to realize that the clock was counting down and not up and therefore the math was slightly more complicated in my head - that being said at the start of each round it gave me something to concentrate on for a few seconds rather than just focusing on the agony in my abs.  Ha!

Mike tried to get me to do 4 consecutive strict pull-ups afterwards convinced I could do it and I got 2 and even they were tough.  I was definitely feeling tired in my shoulders after 'Diane' and yesterdays 36 pull-ups.  Oh well... still happy to get 2 as that's a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment